Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All I want for Christmas....





How quickly this year is passing.  As I have heard Laura say about leaving the U.S. for a trip to Uganda, Christmas will be here in three sleeps and a wake up.  

Have you made your list, done all your shopping,  gotten a headache trying to think of just the right gift for that certain someone on your list?  Here's an idea.  It's the gift that keeps on giving; prayerfully giving forever.  One of our sweet and generous sponsors recently asked for this gift for Christmas.

What does Linda want for Christmas?  That's what her 98 year old mother in law asked Linda recently.  Although she normally tells her mother in law that she doesn't need or want anything, this year she asked for something.......she told her husband, Don to tell his mother that she would like for her to sponsor a child through Mercy Uganda.

Linda sent Laura an email saying this.....pick two children and just let me know the price....depending on the village and the school and whether a child boards or not the cost can be between $150. and $325. as a general rule.  When I get the pictures and information from Mercy Uganda, I'll visit my mother in law and tell her she is sending this child to school for me as my Christmas gift.  I'll do the same in January with the other child and tell her she is sending this child to school as a birthday gift to me.  She'll be pleased.  I'd like for at least one of these children to be a girl.  


Here's the rest of the story about Linda and her love for these children of Uganda.  Linda sponsored her first child as a gift for someone in her office.  She is carrying this on as a tradition.

So what's on your list this year?  Makes you think doesn't it?  I know it made me think about my own lists.

Merry Christmas

 Be looking for a recap of the year 2010 soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment