Saturday, May 22, 2010

Amazing Privilege

Over the past several weeks I have been "forced" to slow down a bit as my daughter and our precious 8 month old grandson have spent nearly 6 weeks with us while her husband, a navy diver, is off on a submarine.  I tried to balance grandmotherhood, substitute teaching, and the work needed to carry on the ministry needs of Mercy Uganda, and have felt, at times, overwhelmed, tired, and definitely inadequate.  This blessing of a daughter and grandson in our home as led me to pray more and stress less. It has drawn me back to where my focus needs to be....on God.  I would tell myself often that God's work goes on with or without me, and He certainly does not need me in order for Mercy Uganda to continue.  As I have slowed down my pace a bit, prayed more, savored the short term blessing of "company", God has, in His grace and mercy, been teaching me, yet again, that it is about Him, and Him alone!!  Then, this morning as I was doing my quiet time, I read a devotional by Charles Stanley.  I want to share a small part of it with you because it spoke volumes to me.  Here is an excerpt from that devotional  "One of the most amazing privileges that the Lord gives His children is the opportunity to participate in what He is doing.  The One who needs no help and has the power to do whatever He wants calls us to labor alongside Him to accomplish His purposes on earth.  Because He knows we need a higher goal in life than building our own personal kingdoms, He offers us the chance to take part in building His."  I knew that, and have pondered over just that very thing so many times as I have prayed for and sought God's will in Mercy Uganda.....this was just what I needed to read.  It put all of those inner thoughts and struggles, those ponderings into a perspective that gave me a peace and comfort about my roles, and the fact that God does not need me.....rather I need Him....and it is an amazing privilege to be a part of Mercy Uganda......it is also an amazing privilege to be a grandmother spending time with her little ones.
I may struggle to do all I feel I need to do, but what I really need to do is focus on the Lord, seek His face, hold His hand, and trust Him......I am way too weak and inadequate....God is all sufficient, and all powerful.  I really do love the fact that I am too weak......it helps me see Him so much better, cling to Him that much tighter,  experience His power and glory, and His amazing work so much more too!  My desire is to be close to Him, serve Him, grow in Him.....and be a vessel of His love to others.  He has allowed me to be part of Mercy Uganda as much to grow me in Him, as to minister to others....amazing privilege indeed! Thank you Lord for allowing me to labor alongside You in the work You are doing in Uganda.  (The pictures you see...in order...are: grandson Hudson, visiting Jajja; Papa and Jajja with our other grandson Brayden; cousins; our daugher and grandson; Sam Kisembo, a Ugandan friend who was visiting the U.S. recently; and lastly, two precious children, like many of whom have no parents or grandparents)
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment